- CAS No :
- Purity :
- technical /IP
- Molecular Weight :
- 132.14 Milligram (mg)
- Appearance :
- White powder
- Ph Level :
- between 5.0 and 6.0, in a solution
- Molecular Formula :
We offer Ammonium Sulphate or Ammonium Sulfate in Commercial Pure, Analytical Reagent and Food Grade.
Specifications of Commercial Pure Ammonium Sulfate
- Appearance: White powder
- Nitrogen N content: 21.0% min (dry basis)
- Moisture: 0.3% max
- Free acid: 0.05% max
- Fe: 0.007% max
- As: 0.00005% max
- Insoluble matter: 0.01% max
- Heavy Metals: 0.005% max
Ammonium Sulfate USP NF Grade
(NH4)2SO4 -- 132.14Ammonium sulfate [7783-20-2].Ammonium Sulfate contains not less than 99.0 percent and not more than 100.5 percent of (NH4)2SO4.
Identification: A solution (1 in 20) responds to the tests for Ammonium and for Sulfate.
- Microbial limits: The total aerobic microbial count does not exceed 1000 cfu per g, and the total combined molds and yeasts count does not exceed 10 cfu per g.
- pH: between 5.0 and 6.0, in a solution.
- Residue on ignition: Not more than 0.005%, determined on a 20-g sample.
- Limit of insoluble matter: Maximum 0.005%).
- Limit of phosphate: To pass the test.
- Limit of chloride: To pass the test.
Assay: Transfer about 2.5 g of Ammonium Sulfate, accurately weighed, into a 500-mL conical flask, and dissolve in 50 mL of water. Add 50.0 mL of 1 N sodium hydroxide VS, place a filter funnel loosely in the neck of the flask, and boil until ammonia is expelled (about 10 to 15 minutes) as determined with litmus paper.
Cool, add 0.15 mL of thymol blue TS, and titrate the excess sodium hydroxide with 1 N sulfuric acid VS. Perform a blank determination (see Residual Titrations under Titrimetry 541 ). Each mL of 1 N sodium hydroxide is equivalent to 66.07 mg of (NH4)2SO4.
- Ammonium Sulfate FCC as per US Food Chemical Codex
- Ammonium Sulfate or Ammonium Sulphate(NH4)2SO4 Formula wt 132.14INS: 517 CAS: [7783-20-2]
DESCRIPTION Ammonium Sulfate occurs as colorless or white crystals or granules that decompose at temperatures above 280Â°. One gram is soluble in about 1.5 mL of water. It is insoluble in alcohol. The pH of a 0.1 M solution is between 4.5 and 6.0.Function: Dough conditioner; yeast nutrient.
REQUIREMENTS Identification: A sample gives positive tests for Ammonium and for Sulfate.
- Assay: Not less than 99.0% and not more than 100.5% of Ammonium Sulphate or Ammonium Sulfate (NH4)2SO4.
- Lead: Not more than 3 mg/kg.
- Residue on Ignition: Not more than 0.25%.
- Selenium: Not more than 0.003%.
Ammonium Sulfate ACS Analytical Reagent specifications
American Chemical Society Reagent Grade Ammonium Sulphate(NH4)2SO4Formula Wt 132.14CAS Number 7783-20-2
- Assay of Ammonium Sulphate or Ammonium Sulfate: 99.0% (NH4)2SO4
- pH of a 5% solution: 5.0-6.0 at 25C
- Insoluble matter: 0.005%
- Residue after ignition: 0.005%
- Chloride (Cl): 5 ppm
- Nitrate (NO3): 0.001%
- Phosphate (PO4): 5 ppm
- Heavy metals (as Pb): 5 ppm
- Iron (Fe): 5 ppm
"Jagdamba Bhavan", Near Prajapati Hospital, Behind Ram Mandir, Kachigam Road, Vapi, Gujarat, 396191, India