- 156.71 Grams (g)
Tin (II) fluoride SnF2, commercially referred to commercially as stannous fluoride. It is a colorless solid used as an ingredient in toothpastes that are typically more expensive than those that use sodium fluoride. Stannous fluoride converts the calcium mineral apatite into fluorapatite, which makes tooth enamel more resistant to bacteria-generated acid attacks. In toothpastes containing calcium minerals, sodium fluoride becomes ineffective over time, while stannous fluoride remains effective in strengthening tooth enamel. SnF2 acts as a Lewis acid.SnF2 is a reducing agent.
Stannous Fluoride USP GradeSnF2 -- 156.71Tin fluoride (SnF2) [7783-47-3].Stannous Fluoride contains not less than 71.2 percent of stannous tin (Sn ++), and not less than 22.3 percent and not more than 25.5 percent of fluoride (F), calculated on the dried basis.
- To 5 mL of a solution (1 in 100) in a test tube add 2 mL of calcium chloride TS: a fine, white precipitate of calcium fluoride is formed.
- Mix on a spot plate 2 drops of a solution (1 in 100) with 2 drops of silver nitrate TS: a brown-black precipitate is formed.
- Add 1 drop of a solution (1 in 100) to 2 drops of mercuric chloride: a white, silky precipitate is formed. On further addition of the solution (1 in 100), a brown-black precipitate is formed.
pH: between 2.8 and 3.5, in a freshly prepared 0.4% solution.
Loss on drying: Dry it at 105C for 4 hours: it loses not more than 0.5% of its weight.
Water-insoluble substances: Transfer about 10 g, accurately weighed, to a 400-mL plastic beaker, add 200 mL of water, and stir with a plastic rod for 3 minutes, or until no more solid dissolves. Filter through a tared filtering crucible, and wash thoroughly, first with ammonium fluoride solution (1 in 100), then with water. [NOTE—Prepare and use the filtering crucible in a well-ventilated hood.] Dry the residue at 105C for 4 hours, cool, and weigh: the weight of the residue does not exceed 0.2%.
- Cheque, Cash Advance (CA), Cash in Advance (CID)
- 100 Kg Per Day
- 1 Week
- Free samples are available
- Africa, Middle East, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America, North America, Central America, Australia, Asia
- All India
"Jagdamba Bhavan", Near Prajapati Hospital, Behind Ram Mandir, Kachigam Road, Vapi Gujarat India +918068093167